Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sentience & Civilization

Sentience and Civilization is the title of the fiction I am working on now. The thing is, although my other three novels are published and out there to be seen, this one is actually my first work of novel length.

I first started Sentience & Civilization back in 2000. I was working at Disney at the time and had the idea. It's been so long now that I cannot even remember when I first started this work, but I've returned to it and then shelved it several times.

Sometime around 2006, if I remember correctly, I finished a second draft of this work. The thing is, the document was more than 325,000 words long. You see, this was originally intended to be several volumes (likely five), and sort of a Magnum Opus. But I shelved it after the second draft because I wanted to work on other projects and, as a result, improve in my skills before pursuing this.

New options in publishing would allow a work of this length to make it to market, so I want to complete the work.

Sentience & Civilization is a science fiction story, taking place several hundred years in the future. It will likely take me a good two or three years before it's done, mainly because it will likely exceed 400,000 words and be several volumes long. Because I don't get a lot of time to write, largely due to my working hours, it will take some time.

Spoiler Alert: Sentience & Civilization is a Scifi story featuring numerous races and species from throughout several galaxies who discover Earth and seek to help save it, and its primary species, from self destruction.

Watch for it in the future, should we survive the Mayan prophecies.

No comments:

Post a Comment